The foregoing applies specifically where individuals have applied to us for work (whether paid or unpaid, permanent or temporary).
In addition to the categories of data outlined above, in relation to candidates it is likely that we will also process the following which will likely contain your personal data:
- The information you have provided to us in your curriculum vitae and covering letter or email
- The information you have provided on our application form on the Leyton Recruitment portal, including name, title, address, telephone number, personal email address, date of birth, gender, CV including employment history, qualifications.
- Information relating to your right to work, proof of address, passport or driving licence
- Any information you provide to us during an interview
- Information provided in voicemails, emails, correspondence and other communications created, stored or transmitted by you in order to progress your application through the recruitment process.
Your personal data will have been collected from you directly or via recruitment agencies, referees and publicly accessibly sources such as LinkedIn, S1 Jobs, CV Library, Indeed or other job boards.
We will use your personal data to assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the work or role you have applied for or any other role that might be suitable for you in the event of a speculative application. We may also use your personal data to undertake background and reference checks, to communicate with you regarding the recruitment process, and to otherwise comply with our legal and regulatory requirements. Ultimately, your personal data will be used to determine whether to appoint you to a role within our business and this will inevitably include processing your data for the purpose of evaluating your suitability, arranging and conducting interviews of you and negotiating contractual terms with you.
“Automated decision-making” takes place when an electronic system uses information to make a decision without human intervention. You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making. However, we will notify you in writing if this position changes. We may however use anonymised data of applicants and candidates for analytical purposes and to ensure that we are complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate social responsibility obligations and requirements.
We may share your personal data as outlined above. We may also transfer your personal date outside of the EEA as outlined above.
As a candidate or speculative applicant, you possess the same data subject rights detailed above. We will retain your personal information for a period of 6 months after we have communicated to you our decision about whether to appoint you to the role. After this period, we will securely destroy your personal information in accordance with our Retention Schedule. Notwithstanding this, you may withdraw your consent to our processing your personal data by emailing: