Leyton is a leading consultancy firm with a unique goal: to quickly improve the financial performance of its clients without impacting on their core business. The services offered by Leyton are focused around this goal, and range from innovation financing (through tax incentives as well as grants & subsidies), energy-related services (procurement, excise duties, certificates), business process outsourcing (for public and private sector), social charges, procurement and tax-related product (VAT, local tax).
Leyton is present in 11 countries (Belgium, Canada France, Italy, Morocco, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, United Kingdom, Germany, and the United States of America) with 1,500 people entirely focused on improving the financial situation of our c. 10,000 clients. Leyton now wishes to expand in the Swedish market. Our first service offering will be focused around innovation financing (R&D tax credit), but our ambition is to quickly grow and expand in other areas to become one of the major player on the Swedish market.
We offer real career opportunities in a fast-growing, friendly firm with a dynamic and ambitious team. Our remuneration package is very attractive and you will be rewarded on the basis of your personal performance, as well as on the basis of the company’s overall achievements. For the right candidate, the extensive growth plans for Sweden offer the opportunity to progress quickly in terms of promotion.
Function of the role:
- Leyton is looking for an R&D technical consultant to assist its clients to identify R&D projects that would qualify for Swedish tax incentives. Our clients work in a wide range of industries; from scientists developing new medical technology to architects working on ground-breaking construction projects. You will therefore be working on cutting-edge research projects and given full responsibility of building your own relationships with senior and decision making clients. The primary focus of the role will be to provide technical advice to Swedish companies by investigating their latest R&D projects to identify where qualifying work for R&D tax purposes is taking place. You will be working with clients who invest in R&D, to extend and expand their businesses and optimize their costs. You will provide clients with advice, and hence must be analytical and able to work within strict deadlines. You will also work hands in hands with your Swedish colleagues, and act as the single point of contact for the all project.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Working primarily in the preparation and review of R&D projects covering various industries ranging from (but not limited to) core IT, Financial Services, Pharmaceutical, Retail, Engineering and Science
- Generating new cost-saving opportunities for business in relation to their R&D projects through R&D tax incentives
- Drafting clear technical and financial documents related to R&D activities
- Working with a variety of high-profile clients and liaising with Managing Directors, Financial Directors, CEOs, CTOs
- Interacting with tax colleagues/partners, and possibly the tax authority, to defend the claim if necessary
- Running workshops, addressing seminars, conferences, meeting prospects, etc., to express professional views regarding R&D tax reliefs and other sources of R&D funding
- Staying abreast of developments in industry and identifying new business opportunities.
Desired experience and skills:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Scientific degree (engineering, software, physician, chemistry, etc.)
- Experience with R&D incentives claim
- Curiosity, awareness and an interest in science, technology and innovation
- Excellent communication (both spoken and written) and ability to convey complex ideas as simple concepts
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Independent thinker and enthusiastic team player
- English speaker (knowledge of French can be useful, but not essential)
What we offer
- Very competitive salary package
- Room for growth in an ambitious context
- Direct contact with high profiles
- Dynamic environment with a start-up like mentality (no “non-sense”)
- A proven sales methodology and the support of a driven sales team
- Strength and support of a large and highly successful group.