Leyton is an international consulting firm dedicated to helping companies of all sizes and varied industries to improve their business performance. Founded in 1997, we have grown to over 3,000 employees in multiple countries. We are specialized as an innovative consultancy firm with a unique goal; to quickly improve the financial performance of its clients without impacting their core business. Leyton represents a wide international market network with local expertise and offices in Montréal, Toronto, Calgary, and Vancouver.
Currently, in Canada, our specific expertise is in the implementation and optimization of Innovation Incentives, Sales Tax Recovery, and Property Tax Consultancy with Real Estate Appraisal & Valuation.
We offer real career opportunities in a fast-growing, friendly firm with a dynamic and ambitious team. Our compensation package is competitive and you will be rewarded on the basis of your personal performance, as well as on the basis of the company’s overall achievements.
We are looking for an “Indirect Taxation Consultant” for our Toronto and Calgary offices. This an excellent opportunity for a candidate with prior consulting and/or accounting experience who wishes to have a career in a fast-growing consulting company and a high incentive career growth.
Main Responsabilities will include
- The consultant will execute new mandates for the clients signed by the sales team, and identify tax savings opportunities for clients. This includes researching issues, reconciling databases, and completing detailed calculations;
- Reviews clients’ accounting records to identify sales tax recoveries and prepare refund claims;
- Work closely with all Leyton departments and business units to ensure all necessary reports and documents are completed accurately and on time;
- Directly reporting to the Business Unit Manager while working autonomously as well as providing guidance and assistance to fellow team members;
- Your rigor and your technical acuity will allow you to manage your mandates with true professionalism.
- Professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA);
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written);
- Capable of working within tight deadlines;
- Autonomous and enthusiastic team player;
- Strong business acumen and strategic mind;
- Focused and well-organized, self-starter, autonomous, dynamic;
- Motivated with the ability to work on your own and be a contributing member of a team;
- Exceptional organizational skills with a proven ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks on time.
Why join our team?
- Career growth and progression, within a dynamic, growing organization;
- Global established brand where you will be able to develop your career and have a significant impact;
- Autonomy, balanced with a solid level of support and collaboration;
- Excellent base salary, with high earnings potential in bonuses, benefits, vacation, etc.
- Quarterly company events;
- International Development activities.
Benefits and Perks
- Four weeks of Vacation and additional sick/personal days;
- Complimentary Summer Time off and Christmas Time Off;
- Promoting Flexible working hours with hybrid workplace;
- International Global Work From Home;
- Generous Maternal/Paternal benefits with a top-up plan;
- International Mobility to other countries;
- Wellness activity every Quarter;
- Insurance benefits include health, dental, vision, travel insurance, life insurance;
- Mental wellness benefits include help from a social worker, spa services, and Psychotherapist services.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Leyton provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.