Data centers are energy-intensive facilities that house and process vast amounts of data. Their d...
Discover the Ecoperformance Program with Leyton! In this series of monthly videos, our consultant team will help you discover specific government grants available in Canada, and share key details.
For this episode, our Senior Government Grants Consultant, Antoine Giroir, will go through the Ecoperformance Program, and explain you how this program can help you finance projects related to energy consumption and production, as well as process improvements.
This video has been recorded in French.
The EcoPerformance program is available to businesses, institutions and municipalities that consume fossil fuels or use processes that generate fugitive GHG emissions. It is designed for both small and large energy users.
There are two components to help companies reduce their greenhouse gas emissions and energy consumption by financing projects or measures related to energy consumption and production, as well as process improvements.
The objective of this component is to identify and quantify potential fossil fuel savings and GHG emissions reductions measures and the costs of implementing them. It is divided into 3 sub-components:
– Standard Analysis: Identify and quantify potential fossil fuel savings and GHG emission reductions and the costs to implement them (between $25,000 and $300,000 in funding depending on the project)
– Energy Management: Implement an energy management system to improve energy efficiency and reduce GHG emissions. (between $10,000 and $150,000 in funding depending on the project)
– Recommissioning of mechanical systems in buildings: Any performance of a set of analyses, verifications and interventions according to a structured approach, with the aim of optimizing the operation of, among others, the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems of buildings, regardless of the form of energy used. ($100,000 per site)
This component offers financial support to organizations for the realization of energy efficiency projects, GHG emission reduction or conversion to greener energy sources. It is divided into 3 sub-components:
– Standard Implementation: Implementation of energy efficiency, GHG emission reduction or green energy conversion projects ($5,000,000 per application and $10,000,000 per site per year).
– Simplified Implementation: A simplified process for companies seeking financial support for quick and easy to implement projects for 3 types of projects (energy efficiency, energy conversion and fugitive emissions reduction) ($100,000 per application and $250,000 per site per year).
– Implementation of major industrial projects: Provides financial assistance of up to $40 million to support the implementation of major industrial projects whose measures reduce GHG emissions on industrial sites. To be eligible, the project must be implemented on an industrial site subject to the cap-and-trade system and the industry benefiting from the GHG emission reductions must also be subject to this system. 3 types of projects (energy efficiency, energy conversion and fugitive emission reduction)
At Leyton, we constantly monitor grant programs to let our clients know what is available to them in a timely fashion and we’ll inform you of any updates.
Antoine Giroir has a master’s in International Relations with experience in European project management and proposal writing. He has worked with researchers and entrepreneurs on various topics, from sustainable development to oncology targeting, in the European Union, the United States of America, and the People’s Republic of China. He is now helping Leyton’s clients leverage public funding (federal and provincial) to achieve their objectives while lowering the financial risks.
Explore our latest insightsMore arrow_forward