Location: Montréal, Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver
Leyton is an international consulting firm dedicated to helping companies of all sizes by improving their business performance and optimizing their innovation funding. Founded in 1997, our firm has grown to over 2,000 employees in 13 countries, with offices in Montréal, Toronto, Calgary & Vancouver.
Currently, in Canada, our specific expertise is in the implementation and optimization of Innovation Incentives, Sales Tax Recovery, and Property Tax & Valuation services.
We offer real career opportunities in a fast-growing, friendly firm with a dynamic and ambitious team. We are looking for a candidate with outstanding verbal and written communication skills to join our team. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has consulting experience and wants to have a high career perspective.
We are currently seeking several Scientific Research & Experimental Development (SRED) Consultants in V.I.E contracts in the fields of IT & Electronics to join our team and assist in managing Government Funding applications throughout Canada. The primary focus will be to provide technical expertise to Canadian companies at the leading edge of R&D and support them in their growth through non-dilutive funding. In this role, our consultants have the opportunity to interact with a strong and collaborative team of engineers and technologists, and become acquainted with the latest technologies in a multitude of industries.
Role Summary as a V.I.E
- Proactively engage clients and leverage your technical expertise to identify qualifying R&D projects in a number of scientific fields for SR&ED funding.
- Prepare technical reports describing: technological objectives, limitations in current technologies, work performed, technological strides and experimentation, supporting evidence.
- Conducting technical interviews and creating a coherent narrative from disparate resources.
- Locate supporting evidence to demonstrate external and internal resources involved: experimental plans, project records, progress reports, tests data & analysis, prototypes, contracts & invoices, etc.
- Manage client portfolios and maintain perfect communication to support them throughout the non-dilutive application process.
- Draft government funding applications and provide support in case of audits.
- Participate in the growth strategy of our current Government Incentives practice.
Required competencies and qualifications
- University degree in Computer Science, IT , Electrical/Software Engineering, AI, Electronics or related field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and ability to convey complex ideas through a concise technical report in a timely fashion.
- Bilingual French and English (For Montreal Only)
- Excellent numerical abilities and proven track record of working with tight deadlines.
- Independent thinker and enthusiastic team player.
This role is in partnership with Business France under the following conditions:
- It is a 24 months long V.I.E contract
- Offered to young individuals, aged 18 to 28 years old
- Must hold a French or European citizenship
- Good standing with regards to the national service obligations
Why join our team?
- Be part of a dynamic team in a growing organization that offers fast career progression;
- Keep a start-up spirit in this global organization;
- Hybrid work from home mode with flexible hours;
- External technical/financial training for exceptional individuals;
- Teams events throughout the year with National level seminars on yearly basis.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Leyton provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.