Leyton is an international consulting firm dedicated to helping companies of all sizes by improving their business performance and optimizing their innovation funding. Founded in 1997, our firm has grown to over 2,000 employees in 12 countries, with offices in Montréal, Toronto & Calgary
Currently, in Canada, our specific expertise is in the implementation and optimization of Innovation Incentives, Sales Tax Recovery, and Property Tax & Valuation services.
We offer real career opportunities in a fast-growing, friendly firm with a dynamic and ambitious team. We are looking for a candidate with outstanding verbal and written communication skills to join our team. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has consulting experience and wants to have a high career perspective.
Function of the role
We are looking for an experienced Property Tax Consultant who will assist, review, and assess
client properties for tax savings opportunities, develops valuation arguments, and prepare client
reports. Researches and maintains knowledge of tax and assessment laws across the Canadian market to successfully represent clients at assessment reviews.
This is a full-cycle consulting role, spanning from business development and new client engagement to delivery and portfolio management. The ideal candidate has a passion for excellence, is driven to achieve his/her full potential, and understands the value of building relationships with clients and colleagues.
Main responsabilities will include
- Assist in the review of client property assessments for reduction potential, and tax savings opportunities;
- Draft written reports supporting assessment and taxing authorities; reviews and submits periodic status reports to clients; drafts and prepares Findings for clients for final approval;
- Responsible for assisting with client account management on team’s assigned clients;
- Conduct on-site inspection of client properties;
- Maintain knowledge of Property tax laws, regulations, and board/court decisions;
- Work with assessment and taxing officials to achieve maximum tax savings;
- Obtain required information from clients as needed;
- Assist business development professionals in scoping and developing customized solutions for new and prospective clients;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We are looking for someone who:
- College certificate or university degree in real estate, economics, or related field;
- 3-5 years prior experience in property assessment valuation methodologies (including costing, income approach, and comparative sales analysis), with specific experience in commercial/industrial properties;
- Thorough understanding of municipal taxation systems;
- Assessment/appraisal designation or equivalent experience desired;
- Self-starter who can function independently and in a team environment;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both French and English;
- Ability to travel as needed, valid driver’s license;
- Independent and enthusiastic team player.
Why join our team?
- Leyton offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, vision, dental, healthcare, Pension plan, PTO, and observed holidays;
- Career growth and progression, within a dynamic, growing organization;
- Globally established brand where you will be able to develop your career and have a significant impact;
- Autonomy, balanced with a solid level of support and collaboration.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Leyton provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.