Leyton is an international consulting firm dedicated to helping companies of all sizes by improving their business performance and optimizing their innovation funding. Founded in 1997, our firm has grown to over 2,000 employees in 12 countries, with offices in Montréal, Toronto & Calgary
Currently, in Canada, our specific expertise is in the implementation and optimization of Innovation Incentives, Sales Tax Recovery, and Property Tax & Valuation services.
We offer real career opportunities in a fast-growing, friendly firm with a dynamic and ambitious team. We are looking for a candidate with outstanding verbal and written communication skills to join our team. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has consulting experience and wants to have a high career perspective.
We are currently seeking an individual as an entry-level Property Consultant to join our team in We are currently seeking an individual as a Property Tax Consultant to join our team in Toronto to assist in managing Property Tax Consulting assignments throughout Ontario and in the U.S.
- Responsible for providing a variety of property assessment and tax consulting services to new and existing clients;
- Lead and support the determination of real estate value estimates for a variety of commercial property types and development land for property tax assessment assignment;
- Maintain ongoing client communication while resolving issues expeditiously;
- Work to effectively manage client relationships and conduct regular follow-up meetings and project debriefs with clients to ensure high levels of satisfaction;
- Prepare Client Findings property tax and assessment reports;
- Develop cash flow projections, costings, and sales data to be used in the property tax assessment.
Required competencies and qualifications
- An understanding of assessment systems;
- University or College degree/diploma in a related discipline (Economics, Finance, Appraisal);
- Eligible to become (or already enrolled as) a member with the International Association of Assessing Officers in order to pursue applicable designation;
- Related work is an asset;
- Good research, quantitative and analytical skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – particularly Word and Excel;
- Good communication skills – interpersonal, report writing;
- Ability to work in a team and independently;
- Ability to travel to U.S. client sites as needed;
- Knowledge of property valuation methodologies, techniques, and review practices.
Why join our team?
- Leyton offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, vision, dental, healthcare, Pension plan, PTO, and observed holidays;
- Career growth and progression, within a dynamic, growing organization;
- Globally established brand where you will be able to develop your career and have a significant impact;
- Autonomy, balanced with a solid level of support and collaboration.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Leyton provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.