Location: Montreal, Toronto, Calgary
Leyton is an international consulting firm dedicated to helping companies of all sizes by improving their business performance and optimizing their innovation funding. Founded in 1997, our firm has grown to over 2,000 employees in 13 countries, with offices in Montréal, Toronto & Calgary.
Currently, in Canada, our specific expertise is in the implementation and optimization of Innovation Incentives, Sales Tax Recovery, and Property Tax & Valuation services.
We offer real career opportunities in a fast-growing, friendly firm with a dynamic and ambitious team. We are looking for a candidate with outstanding verbal and written communication skills to join our team. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has the consulting experience and wants to have a high career perspective.
We work in a wide range of industries; from scientists developing new medical technology to architects working on ground-breaking construction projects. Working within a team of science, IT, and engineering consultants, you will be working on cutting-edge research projects and given full responsibility of building your own relationships with senior and decision-making clients.
The primary focus of the role will be to provide technical advice to Canadian companies by investigating their latest R&D projects to identify where qualifying work is taking place. You will be working with existing and new clients who invest in R&D, to extend and expand their businesses and optimize their costs. You will provide clients with advice from both a tax and science/engineering perspective. You must be analytical and able to work within strict deadlines.
- Provide technical and financial expertise to companies in the computer engineering industry ranging from (but not limited to) software development, hardware, electronics, telecommunication, and financial services.
- Generating new cost-saving opportunities for businesses in relation to their R&D projects.
- Drafting clear technical and financial documents related to R&D activities.
- Working with a variety of high-profile clients and liaising with Managing Directors, Financial Directors, CEOs, CTOs.
- Interacting with the tax authority, to defend the claim if necessary.
- Running workshops, addressing seminars, conferences, etc., to express professional views regarding R&D tax reliefs and other sources of R&D funding.
- Staying abreast of developments in the industry and identifying new business opportunities.
Required competencies and qualifications
- University degree in Computer Science, Electronics or related discipline;
- 1 to 2 years of experience as an Innovation funding consultant for the IT/Electronics industry. Senior positions will be considered for more than 2 years of experience
- Curiosity, awareness, and an interest in science, technology, and innovation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to convey complex ideas as simple concepts.
- Bilingual French and English. (for Montreal only)
- Excellent numerical abilities and proven track record of working with tight deadlines.
- Independent thinker and enthusiastic team player.
Why join our team?
- Be part of a dynamic team in a growing organization that offers fast career progression
- Keep a start-up spirit in this global organization
- Hybrid work from home mode with flexible hours
- External technical / financial training for exceptional individuals
- Competitive base remuneration with commission
- Paid health insurance and company RRSP plan
- Four weeks of paid vacation with an additional five personal days
- Teams events throughout the year with National level seminar on yearly basis.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Leyton provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.